From Github version page:
This is it CircuitPython 8.0.0-beta.2, beta version for 8.0.0. It is relatively stable, but there will be more additions and fixes before the final release.
Warning: The flash partition for Raspberry Pi Pico W has changed since version 8.0.0-beta.1. When downloading version 8.0.0-beta.2 via beta 1 (or vice versa), On Picco W onlyCIRCUITPY will be erased and reformatted.
Notable changes to 8.0.0 since 7.3.0
- Added WiFi workflow with browser-based device discovery, file system browsing, uploading, downloading, file editing, and serial/REPL connection.
- Added a one-line status bar, which displays connection status, last exception, and version on the terminal window title or on the top line of the attached screen. Support for displaying a status bar is also being added to the Mu and Thonny editors.
.envor not Circle Specifies WiFI connection parameters, BLE name, and other startup values.
os.getenv()The values are set by the values in
.enva file. Values can be brought from others
- The WiFi function has been implemented on the Pi Pico W.
- Revised Espressif Camera Support, now available on ESP32, ESP32-S2, and ESP32-S3.
- Combined analog input:
analogbufio(Only available in RP2040 at the moment).
- Pin state can be maintained during deep sleep (only available on Espressif for now).
- Allow assignment of USB VID, PID, Manufacturer and Product IDs at runtime.
collections.dequeon most architectures.
WaveFileIt can now take a file name instead of an open file.
AnalogInWhole values range from 0 to 65535, rather than having zeros in the low-order bits.
- Firmware update in place (
dualbank) may be disabled in favor of a larger CIRCUITPY engine.
PulseOut. is no longer accepted
- Support auto brightness in . format
framebufferioIt has been removed. It has not been fully implemented.
onewireiono longer exists
- Print an integer that floats accurately and correctly.
onewireiofor a number of boards. Some boards are still out
From space reasons.
i2ctarget.I2CTargetis the new name for
i2cperipheral.I2CPeripheral. Accept both for now.
I2CPeripheralIt will be removed in 9.0.0.
Download from cctpython.org
attempt The latest version of Mu . Editor To create and edit CircuitPython programs and for easy access to a CircuitPython Serial (REPL) connection.
Documents are available at readthedocs.io.
CircuitPython contains a number of “ports” that are the primary implementations of the different families of microcontrollers. Stability varies based on each port. As of this release, these ports are considered stable:
atmel-samd: Microchip SAMD21, SAMx5x
cxd56: Sony Presence
espressif: Espressif ESP32-S2
nrf: North nRF52840, nRF52833
raspberrypi: Raspberry Pi RP2040
stm: STM32F4 chipset family
These ports are considered alpha and will contain errors and missing functionality:
broadcom: Raspberry Pi boards such as the RPi 4 and RPi Zero 2W
espressif: ESP32, ESP32-S3, ESP32-C3
mimxrt10xx: NXP i.MX RT10xxx
stm: ST chipset families other than STM32F4
Changes since version 8.0.0-beta.1
Fixes and improvements
- Long syntax fix
dotenvValue. #7049. Thanks jepler.
- to improve
tracebackCareers. #7046. Thanks jepler.
- Delay the first serial write to allow the host connection setup time; Especially required on Linux. #7041. Thanks @dhalbert.
nvmAs an importable unit. #7014. Thanks jepler.
- Add Unicode support to
dotenv. #7003. Thanks jepler.
- to improve
dotenvParse the file to be more like a CPython library. #7001, #6987. Thanks @dhalbert.
- Allow to choose between
dualbankCAPABILITY (FIRMWARE UPDATE IN PLACE) AND CIRCUITPY DRIVE IS LARGER. #7000. Thanks @MicroDev1.
I2CTargetCheck lead time and documentation. #6985. Thanks PaulskPt.
- Fix the modified minutes value of the web workflow file. #6982. Thanks Electronardian.
- replace some
supervisor.runtimeProperties. #6980. Thanks @MicroDev1.
os.utime(). #7048. Thanks isacben.
- Do not allow a directory to be renamed within itself. #6883. Thanks makramelissa.
Changes to the port and panel
- Update ESP-IDF to the latest
release/v4.4Commit to fixing WiFi checking and other issues. #7023. Thanks @dhalbert.
- cleaning process
mpconfigboard.mkon multiple boards. #7008. Thanks @MicroDev1.
errnoreturn value. #7048. Thanks @georgboe.
- SSL support and additional fixes. #7043, #6999. Thanks jepler.
cyw43.CywPin. #7019. Neradoc Thanks.
cyw43Power saving mode by default to improve WiFi reliability. #6976. Thanks jepler.
- Improved code size for
microcontroller.cpu.temperature, with some loss of accuracy. Additional discounts on very small builds. #7045. Thanks jepler.
- Remove the redundant header files in the build (without changing the code). #7024. Thanks @flom84.
- AITHinker ESP32-C3S_Kit: Build ID fix. #6986. Thanks @dhalbert.
- AITHinker ESP32-C3S_Kit_2M: Build ID fix. #6986. Thanks @dhalbert.
- Raspberry Pi Pico W: Fix Pin Drivers. #7021. Thanks jepler.
- Raspberry Pi Pico W: Increased circle size. #7011. Thanks jepler.
README.rstcoordination. #7022. Thank you @tekktrik.
systo the module support matrix. #6995. Thanks @dhalbert.
- Add ESP32 to
README.rst. #6974. Thanks @MicroDev1.
Building and infrastructure changes
- Update how build outputs are set. #7044. Thanks jepler.
- Update to the latest CI procedures. #7035. Thanks @MicroDev1.
- Builds shrink by about 112 bytes. #7026. Thanks @dhalbert.
multiterminal, which are outdated and have not been used anywhere. #7016. Thanks jepler.
dotenvAllows testing on the host. #6991. Thanks jepler.
- Redundant removal
.gitignorefiles. #6974. Thanks @MicroDev1.
- Save about 124 bytes in
string0.c. #6397. Thanks jepler.
Translation additions and improvements
Thanks for the translation:
- @ bill88t (Greek)
- boranroni (Turkish)
New boards since version 8.0.0-beta.1
- BananaPi BPI-PicoW-S3. #7031. Thanks @BPI-STEAM.
- Esprif ESP32-S2-DevKitC-1-N8R2. #6989. Thanks kylefmohr.
- VCC-GND Studio YD RP2040. #7039, #6410. Thanks fabaff, @evildave66, @derBroader71 and dhalbert.
- See https://github.com/adafruit/circuitpython/issues for other issues, including issues that still need to be addressed for:
Stop breading and soldering – start building right away! Adafruit’s Circuit is filled with LEDs, sensors, buttons, alligator clip pads and more. Build projects with Circuit Playground in a few minutes with MakeCode Drag and Drop Programming SiteLearn Computer Science with the CS Discoveries class at code.org, go to Circle To learn Python and hardware together, TinyGO, or even use the Arduino IDE. Speed Circuit Stadium It is the latest and best circuit board board, with support for CircuitPython, MakeCode and Arduino. It has a powerful processor, 10 NeoPixels, a small speaker, an InfraRed transmitter and receiver, two buttons, a switch, 14 alligator clip pads, and a lot of sensors: capacitive touch, near-infrared, temperature, light, motion and sound. A vast world of electronics and coding awaits, and it fits in the palm of your hand.
Do you have a great project to share? The Electronics Show and Tell Every Wednesday at 7 PM ET! To join, head over to YouTube and check out the show’s live chat – we’ll post the link there.
Join us every Wednesday at 8pm ET for Ask an engineer!
No comments yet.
Adafruit has a “Be excellent to each other” comment policy. Help us keep the community here positive and helpful. Stick to the topic, and respect crafters of all ages and skill levels. Be kind, and don’t spam – thank you!
#CircuitPython #Beta #Released #circuitpython #Adafruit #Industries #Makers #Hackers #Artists #Designers #Engineers