From Github version page:
This is it CircuitPython 8.0.0-beta.4, beta version for 8.0.0. It is relatively stable, but there will be more additions and fixes before the final release.
warning: The flash partition for the 2MB ESP32 and ESP32-C3 boards and the 4MB for ESP32-C3 boards has changed since version 8.0.0-beta.2. When loading 8.0.0-beta.3 or later via beta 2 (or vice versa), on these boards, CIRCUITPY will be erased and reformatted.
warning: The flash partition for Raspberry Pi Pico W has changed since version 8.0.0-beta.1. When downloading 8.0.0-beta.2 or later via beta.1 (or vice versa), on Pico W, CIRCUITPY will be erased and reformatted.
Notable changes to 8.0.0 since 7.3.0
- Added WiFi workflow with browser-based device discovery, file system browsing, uploading, downloading, editing files, and serial/REPL connection (only available on Espressif at the moment).
- Added a one-line status bar, which displays connection status, last exception, and version on the terminal window title or on the top line of the attached screen. Support for displaying a status bar is also being added to the Mu and Thonny editors.
.envor not Circle Specifies WiFI connection parameters, BLE name, and other startup values.
os.getenv()The values are set by the values in
.enva file. Values can be brought from others
- WiFi functionality implemented on Raspberry Pi Pico W.
- Revised Espressif Camera Support, now available on ESP32, ESP32-S2, and ESP32-S3.
- Combined analog input:
analogbufio(Only available in RP2040 at the moment).
- Pin state can be maintained during deep sleep (only available on Espressif for now).
- Allow assignment of USB VID, PID, Manufacturer and Product IDs at runtime.
collections.dequeon most architectures.
WaveFileIt can now take a file name instead of an open file.
AnalogInWhole values range from 0 to 65535, rather than having zeros in the low-order bits.
- Firmware update in place (
dualbank) may be disabled in favor of a larger CIRCUITPY engine.
coprocModule, to run programs on a co-processor on the chip. Currently available for RISC-V core on ESP32-S2 and ESP32-S3.
PulseOut. is no longer accepted
- Support auto brightness in . format
framebufferioIt has been removed. It has not been fully implemented.
onewireiono longer exists
- Print an integer that floats accurately and correctly.
onewireiofor a number of boards. Some boards are still out
rainbowioIt has been discontinued for space reasons.
i2ctarget.I2CTargetis the new name for
i2cperipheral.I2CPeripheral. Accept both for now.
I2CPeripheralIt will be removed in 9.0.0.
Download from cctpython.org
attempt The latest version of Mu . Editor To create and edit CircuitPython programs and for easy access to a CircuitPython Serial (REPL) connection.
Documents are available at readthedocs.io.
CircuitPython contains a number of “ports” that are the primary implementations of the different families of microcontrollers. Stability varies based on each port. As of this release, these ports are considered stable:
atmel-samd: Microchip SAMD21, SAMx5x
cxd56: Sony Presence
espressif: Espressif ESP32-S2
nrf: North nRF52840, nRF52833
raspberrypi: Raspberry Pi RP2040
stm: STM32F4 chipset family
These ports are considered alpha and will contain errors and missing functionality:
broadcom: Raspberry Pi boards such as the RPi 4 and RPi Zero 2W
espressif: ESP32, ESP32-S3, ESP32-C3
mimxrt10xx: NXP i.MX RT10xxx
stm: ST chipset families other than STM32F4
Changes since version 8.0.0-beta.3
Fixes and improvements
- Fix save alert. #7154. Thanks @dhalbert.
_asyncioticks; #7138. Thanks jepler.
- Missing repair
_bleio.Characteristic.descriptors. #7130. Thanks @dhalbert.
- fix set attributes
GeneratorExitSingle. #7103. Thanks jepler.
- to improve
Coproc Alarm. #7102, #7091. Thanks @MicroDev1.
usb_cdc.Serial.read()If it is not connected. #7100. Thanks Taniot.
Changes to the port and panel
- Set the correct architecture to build and refactor ESP32-C3
mpconfigport.mk. #7143, #7094. Thanks @MicroDev1.
- Espressif setup fix
PinAlarm. #7125. Thanks @dhalbert.
- Fix error code for
Socket.recv_into(). #7123. Thanks @georgboe.
- Use the correct value for the pin count. #7089. Thanks jepler.
- Espressif ESP32-S3-BOX: Correct SPIRAM settings. #7140. Thanks @dhalbert.
- LOLIN S3: Fix and add pin definitions. #7145. Thanks chukwon.
- Raspberry Pi Pico W:
accept. #7122. Thanks jepler.
- Empowerment and use
SOF_REUSEADDR. #7119. Thanks jepler.
- Allow static IP settings. #7088. Thanks jepler.
- Raspberry Pi Pico and Pico W: Addition
board.STEMMA_I2C()For use with Cowbell add-on boards. #7116. Thank you Katney.
- Document port and board limitations for embedded modules. #7129, #7097. Thanks @dhalbert.
MpyError. #7104. Thanks jepler.
Building and infrastructure changes
Translation additions and improvements
- Change the wording of the boot button message so that it is separate as a sentence, making translation easier. #7150. Neradoc Thanks.
- Thanks for the translation:
- bergdahl (Swedish)
- Senuros (German)
- wtuemura (Portuguese – Brazil)
New boards since version 8.0.0-beta.2
- Fraud 42. Kips. #7124. Thanks piit79.
- M5Stack ATOM Lite. #7142. Thanks @CDarius.
- M5Stack Core Basic: #7144, #7133, #7120. Thanks CDarius.
- M5Stack Core Fire: #7113. Thanks CDarius.
- M5Stack C3 Stamp: #7099. Thanks CDarius.
- See https://github.com/adafruit/circuitpython/issues for other issues, including issues that still need to be addressed for:
Stop breading and soldering – start building right away! Adafruit’s Circuit is filled with LEDs, sensors, buttons, alligator clip pads and more. Build projects with Circuit Playground in a few minutes with MakeCode Drag and Drop Programming SiteLearn Computer Science with the CS Discoveries class at code.org, go to Circle To learn Python and hardware together, TinyGO, or even use the Arduino IDE. Speed Circuit Stadium It is the latest and best circuit board board, with support for CircuitPython, MakeCode and Arduino. It has a powerful processor, 10 NeoPixels, a small speaker, an InfraRed transmitter and receiver, two buttons, a switch, 14 alligator clip pads, and a lot of sensors: capacitive touch, near-infrared, temperature, light, motion and sound. A huge world of electronics and coding awaits, and it fits in the palm of your hand.
Do you have a great project to share? The Electronics Show and Tell Every Wednesday at 7 PM ET! To join, head over to YouTube and check out the show’s live chat – we’ll post the link there.
Join us every Wednesday at 8pm ET for Ask an engineer!
No comments yet.
Adafruit has a “Be excellent to each other” comment policy. Help us keep the community here positive and helpful. Stick to the topic, and respect crafters of all ages and skill levels. Be kind, and don’t spam – thank you!
#CircuitPython #Beta #Released #circuitpython #Adafruit #Industries #Makers #Hackers #Artists #Designers #Engineers