Epson presents a presentation on manufacturing considerations for successful automation and provides live demonstrations of robotic solutions
Epson Robots, the world’s number one manufacturer of SCARA robots, will be showcasing its range of robotic solutions at the Assembly Show at booth #1231. This year’s show will be held at the Donald E. Stevens Convention Center in Rosemont, Illinois from October 25-27.
The demand for easy-to-use, adaptable and reliable solutions is growing as more manufacturers turn to automating daily operations. To meet the need for flexible, high-quality automation services, Epson will provide automated solutions that help companies improve production costs, productivity and overall quality. Epson Robots, one of the founding exhibitors of The Assembly Show, is participating in its 10th anniversary, with presentations and booth demonstrations that include:
• Automation Presentation: “Why Automation? Manufacturing Considerations in Today’s ‘New Normal’ – Scott Marsik, Epson Robots Group Product Manager, will explore the ‘how and why’ of automation and help decision makers assess the role of robotics and automation within a business. Topics will include the changes that are taking place. On customers’ pain points, impacts of supply and close sourcing, market trends, and the most important insights into the success of an automation project.The session will take place on October 26 from 10:45-11:15 a.m. CST at Theater #1.
• Automated Assembly Presentation: “Case Studies of Thinking Differently About Automated Assembly” Steve Thomas, Aptiv Manufacturing Engineer, will discuss the importance of communication and data in assembly technology and the five companies that will help manufacturers get the most from using data to achieve process improvement. This session is sponsored by Epson Robots and will take place on October 27 from 12:30 pm CST at Theater #1.
• Compact, high-precision SCARA robots – Epson GX4 and GX8 SCARA robots deliver high productivity, smooth motion control and heavy payloads using advanced Epson GYROPLUS technology. By offering multiple stick configurations, up to 250-350mm with the GX4 and up to 450-650mm with the GX8, the robots can achieve extremely high accuracy in applications such as assembly, picking, positioning, and processing small, complex parts. The GX4 can handle payloads of up to 4kg and the GX8 can handle up to 8kg, both of which are small form factor. Equipped with Epson RC + ® or RC + Express application development software, GX SCARA robots provide superior ease of use for complex robotic solutions.
• High-Performance Parts Feeding Solution – This demonstration will showcase the IntelliFlex™ feeding system and the vision guide with Epson RS-Series SCARA robots. Featuring dual IntelliFlex 240 parts feeders, this system demonstrates the pick-and-place process with multiple feeders and multiple components per feeder, demonstrating the ultimate flexibility of the system. The IntelliFlex range has four feeder sizes and can handle a variety of parts from 3mm to 150mm with optional anti-twist, anti-stick and medicine tray configurations.
• VT6L All-in-One 6-Axis Robot – The VT6L All-in-One 6-Axis Robot provides the perfect solution for simple pick-and-place automation. With a reach of up to 900mm and a payload of up to 6kg, it uses a space-saving compact console, can run on 110, 200V or as a DC portable version, and features a recessed arm end design and optional pre-engineered cable mounting brackets for simplified cable management. The VT6L can be run with Epson RC+ Express, a no-code and easy-to-use optical development program to quickly and efficiently implement robotic automation solutions.
• TB Series All-in-One SCARA Robot – The innovative TB Series SCARA All-in-One robot provides quick and easy integration and installation in minutes. With a built-in controller, 110V or 220V power, and no battery required for the encoder, the TB Series enables rapid development and simplified maintenance. The T3-B will be displayed with Epson’s Proof of Vision Evidence for Inspection with the Pick-up and Place app.
Epson is dedicated to helping new and experienced automation professionals alike succeed by providing essential information, education, and introducing the latest robotics technology and innovations to meet factory automation needs. For more information, visit www.epsonrobots.com.
About Epson Robots
Epson Robots is a global leader in computer-controlled precision factory automation, with more than 100,000 units sold worldwide1 and a production line of hundreds of models of easy-to-use SCARA and 6-Axis robots based on a computer-based platform profile. Building on a heritage spanning four decades, Epson Robots today offers robots for precision assembly and material handling applications in the industries of aerospace, instrumentation, automotive, biotechnology, consumer products, electronics, food processing, medical devices, pharmaceuticals, plastics, semiconductors, and telecommunications. For more information, visit www.epsonrobots.com, or follow our Spotlight page on LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/epson-america-robots-/)
Epson is a global technology leader whose philosophy of efficient, compact and rigorous innovation enriches lives and helps create a better world. The company focuses on solving societal problems through innovations in home, office, commercial, industrial, manufacturing, optical and lifestyle printing. Epson will become carbon negative and eliminate the use of depleted underground resources such as oil and minerals by 2050.
Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group generates worldwide annual sales of approximately 1 trillion Japanese yen. global.epson.com/
Epson America, Inc. Headquartered in Los Alamitos, California, is Epson’s regional headquarters in the United States, Canada and Latin America. To learn more about Epson, please visit: epson.com. You can also connect with Epson America on Facebook (facebook.com/Epson), Twitter (twitter.com/EpsonAmerica), YouTube (youtube.com/epsonamerica), and Instagram (instagram.com/EpsonAmerica).
#Epson #Robots #Showcase #Automation #Solutions #Assembly #Show